Friday, September 29, 2006

Everyone has had girl problems at some point. Last night I was talking with one of my friends about an issue I had been having with this girl. I wanted to end our relationship, but there are so many good aspects of it. What complicates the situation is that I introduced aforementioned friend to this girl's roommate and the two of them hit it off. Now, when said girl and I have issues it affects him because he is another variable in the situation.

We have been having a series of talks on the matter for weeks now and he keeps empowering me with various bits of advice and what he deems to be the right thing to do in this morally ambiguous but clearly disparaged relationship. The details are inconsequential. What is important is that something had to be done, because by the karmic law of entropy, if the situation is left unattended then it will get worse as it already had. What is relevant to the Mahabharata is the result. At the end of his argument, seeing that I was deep in thought but also unmoved to his cause, he said something along the lines of "what would Krsna do?" Krsna, the unconditional god who cheated so that the Pandavas might succeed would only have done one thing. At that point my mind raced to images of my friend as my charioteer, Lord Krsna, and myself as that left-handed archer, Arjuna, sitting down in his chariot. I realized then that he had given me the best possible argument he could, and I was unconvinced. However, he was appealing to me to do what he suggested not because of his convincing argument, but because I loved him as a friend. Love is the reason that trumps all other reason (though it was philos and not eros), even when it is rationalized empirically. It was only then that I realized what I had to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home